The Walled City in the Metro

 
 
 
I N T R A M U R O S
 
Sir Tony and Me
 
     Lately I have been active learning Film Photography either through articles and YouTube videos, luckily I met Sir Tony Rivera a senior in Film Photography in a Facebook group called Minolta shooters Ph, he was so kind to invite me for a photowalk session around the walled city " Intramuros" one of the Historical Tourist spot in the Metro and I think one of the best places to go for Professional and Hobby Photographers, every nook and turns within the walled city is interesting.
 
     Too bad that the camera I brought with me is a Yashica electro 35 gsn , it doesn't have a full settings of a manual camera, so I didn't get a full lesson from Sir tony, next time for sure I'll bring my Minolta srt 101 to have a fully understanding of how to around and techniques in shooting film. I also usually shoot in colored films and this is the first time I shoot in black and white using Fuji acros 100 , didn't know what to expect and everything is quite new to me , so I just walked around and started looking for my subjects.
 
 
     This is a little library in front of Manila Cathedral  
 

 
 

What you will see around Intramuros (a lot of old buildings)





 
 





 

My favorite shot of all (^w^) v


 
here you will also get to ride old Victorian style transpo (Kalesa)
 



 
 
 
was trying to take a photo of the crucifix  (how I first took photo of the subject)
 
 
and then here's the photo after Sir Tony's directions (>w<)
 
 
 
The Main gate to Fort Santiago , a citadel built near the Pasig river,  one of the Main attractions for tourists in Intramuros.
 
 
 
 
    

 
  
tourists enjoying the Pasig river view at Fort Santiago 
 
 




 


























Students having their lunch under the shades of trees ( too bad that the shadow is too strong)
 
 
 
Manila Cathedral known as the Mother of all Churches, Cathedrals and  Basilicas in the Philippines
 
 
 

 
 
      No doubt that walking around historical places educates you, it also gives off that relaxing vibe and at the same time every corner is a masterpiece that could give you ideas and motivation for your next artworks. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Metro Manila in Film

   July 19, 2018 it was Thursday and got to spend the day to myself. I was having breakfast while thinking what to do for the day that I r...