The Instagramable Museum
I have been craving for a taste of Nature lately since having a job nowadays could get really gnarly. It wouldn't hurt if you will save the day for yourself and loosen that competitive side of yours and just chill. So one day I have just decided to visit this very Instagram famous Museum which is the "Pinto Art Museum" situated at 1 Sierra Madre St. Grand Heights Rd. Antipolo Rizal. Since Antipolo is still part of the CALABARZON Region IV- A but on the Northern Part and I'm living at the Southern Part of the region, it means that I really have to leave home early , I left my crib at around 0400am and reached PAM at around 1120am (Imagine how long the travel time is). It was a weekday when I visited the Museum so to be expected there's a lot traffic to go through.
Due to it's signature Mediterranean structures and Lush green plants and trees it has sky rocketed it's fame to the top. It was established by Silangan Foundation for Arts, Culture and Ecology, one of the non-profit organization which give assistance in promoting Philippine arts and culture, headed by Neurologist Dr. Joven Cuanang who is profoundly entrenched towards his fondness with the Filipino's artistic prowess. Dr. Cuanang acquired a house and a lot area of 1.3 hectare to shelter 300 modern paintings, sculptures and art installations by various local artists.
|Sit at your own risk (made of papers)|
The Museum has a lot of Ventilations so you won't see any air-conditioning outlets, you will just feel cool breezes and it's very well lit with natural lights.
Also do keep in mind "Bring a lot of water" PAM is very spacious and has a lot of stairs. If you get tired they also have cafeterias where you can grab a bite. Foods are quite pricey though but the taste gives justice to it.
more pictures from Pinto Art Museum (it was so hard to choose which photos to go in here coz they are all so lovely,if you want to see more photographs you could visit my Instagram account: itchyfeetofanomad )
How to go there ( this is Based on my personal experience commuting to PAM)
note : if you are from Dasmariñas, Cavite (where I'm Residing)
- You can take the Buses passing by Aguinaldo Highway which have signboards going to CUBAO ( it would cost around Php45.00 - Php65.00)
- alight at the Farmer's Market - Araneta
- Walk towards the Telus Building (in front of Farmer's Market)
- Look for Jeepneys (Php38.00) or Vans (Php55.00) going to Antipolo Church
- Once in Antipolo Church you can get Tricycles just tell the Driver Grand Heights or Pinto art Museum.
- Adult - Php200.00
- Senior Citizen / PWD - Php180.00
- Student w/ valid School ID - Php100.00
- 3years old below - FREE
If you are planning to do some lifestyle shoot or pre-nuptial shoots they are also open for bookings
- Php7,500.00 (consisting of Upper garden, lower garden and Indigenous Art Museum)
- Php 15,000 (Upper garden, lower garden, Indigenous Art Museum and the new museum wing door)
NOTE: Photo shoot rates are inclusive of:
- 5 hours shoot (Php 750 per hour in excess)
- 5 pax (Php 300 per head in excess)
- Non-airconditioned room for preps (Additional Php 500 for 5 hours for air-conditioned rooms, plus Php 100 per hour in excess)
Rules and Regulations
- All Bags are subject to Security Inspection
- Touching and Leaning on the artworks are prohibited
- No Flash Photography is allowed inside the museum
- Food and Drinks cannot be brought inside the galleries
- Cigarettes/ E- Cigarettes are not permitted anywhere in the Museum premises
PAM is open Tuesday to Sunday from 0900am - 0600pm and closed during Monday for their weekly Housekeeping and structure revamping.